Wednesday, May 5, 2010

a reflection on 30

After looking at the life accomplishments of others, one has to occasionally take inventory of their own. One night, in the 3am mental haze of a night shift, fueled by several equally delirious co-workers, I did just that. Sitting on the cusp of the big 3-0, I started to think...in my 29 years of existence, what have I done?

Upon reflection, I realized that my few accomplishment sit on slowly disintegrating paper. They are separated by bullet points, and collecting dust in folders at the bottom of boxes. Is that really what I'd want to share with my children and grandchildren as they perch on my lap, searching my history for a sign of their future? No, it's not, and here's my remedy...

I've compiled a list of accomplishments I hope to achieve by the time I reach my 30th birthday, giving me a few days short of 9 months. I have decided to chronicle my adventures on this blog. Having never written one, I don't expect many readers, nor do I promise the people who do check in, a well written or entertaining piece of literature. This blog is mainly for me, as my source of creative release and reflection. However, if something compels you follow me on my quest for self improvement, by all means, read on!

So, without further adieu....here's the list...dun dun duuuunnnnn!


1. Take a yoga class

2. Take a sewing class

3. Ride a bike across the golden gate bridge

4. Finish a craft project

5. Learn to surf

6. Win a trophy

7. Learn to play a song on the guitar

8. Get married

9. Get a totally different, short hair cut

10. Eat Indian food

11. Go to an allergist

12. Actively start to get massage therapy license

13. Do Olomana hike

14. Make something nice to give to my family

15. Watch the Godfather movies

16. Do a charity run/walk

17. Be a vegetarian for a week (no beef, chicken & pork)

18. Buy a fancy camera

19. Learn how to use said camera and take a nice photo

20. Get dressed up and listen to good jazz music

21. Read the top 10 classic novels

22. Watch the sunrise and the sunset on the same day

23. Learn to speak Chinese

24. Ride a horse

25. Finish a crossword puzzle (not NY Times)

26. Grow a vegetable and eat it

27. Learn to drive a stick shift, and do it well

28. Learn the Thriller dance

29. Take a ballroom dance class

30. Ride a moped around the island.

ok then....here we go!


2 comments:

  1. good job honey! looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4, 18 & 19 are ready to be crossed out! 5 down, 25 more fun things to go.

    ReplyDelete